- If you are a victim of hacking
Bring the following information
- Server Logs
- Copy of defaced web page in soft copy as well as hard copy format, if your website is defaced
- If data is compromised on your server or computer or any other network equipment, soft copy of original data and soft copy of compromised data.
- Access control mechanism details i.e.- who had what kind of the access to the compromised system
- List of suspects – if the victim is having any suspicion on anyone.
- All relvant information leading to the answers to following questions –
- what ? (what is compromised)
- who? (who might have compromised system)
- when?(when the systme was compromised)
- why?(why the system might have been compromised)
- where?(where is the impact of attack-identifying the target system from the network)
- How many?(How many systems have been compromised by the attack)
- If your are a victim of e-mail abuse, vulgur e-mail etc.
Bring the following information-
- Extract the extended headers of offending e-mail (If you do not know how to extract header please refer to section 1 of this FAQ).
- Bring soft copy as well hard copy of offending e-mail.
- Please do not delete the offending e-mail from your e-mail box.
- Please save the copy of offending e-mail on your computers hard drive.