New Delhi, the 9th June, 2000 / Jyaistha 19,1922 (Saka)
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 9th June, 2000, and is hereby published for general information :-
3. Authentication of electronic records.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this section any subscriber may authenticate an electronic record by affixing his digital signature.
4. Legal recognition of electronic records.
Where any law provides that information or any other matter shall be in writing or in the typewritten or printed form, then, notwithstanding anything contained in such law, such requirement shall be deemed to have been satisfied if such information or matter is :-
11.Attribution of electronic records.
An electronic record shall be attributed to the originator :
(a) if it was sent by the originator himself;
(b) by a person who had the authority to act on behalf of the originator in respect of that electronic record, or
14. Secure electronic record.
Where any security procedure has been applied to an electronic record at a specific point of time. then such record shall be deemed to be a secure electronic record from such point of time to the time of verification.
17. Appointment of Controller and other officers.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint a Controller of Certifyin
g Authorities for the purposes of this Act and may also by the same or subsequent notification appoint such number of Deputy Controllers and Assistant Controllers as it deems fit.
(1) Any person may make an application to the Certifying Authority for the issue of a Digital Signature Certificate in such form as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(2) Every such application shall be accompanied by such fee not exceeding twenty-five thousand rupees as may be prescribed by the Central Government, to be paid to the Certifying Authority.
40. Generating key pair.
Where any Digital Signature Certificate, the public key of which corresponds to the private key of that subscriber which is to be listed in the Digital Signature Certificate has been accepted by a subscriber, then, the subscriber shall generate the key pair by applying the security procedure
43. Penalty for damage to computer, computer system, etc.
If any person without permission of the owner or any other person who is incharge of a computer, computer system or computer network. :-
(A) Accesses or secures access to such computer, computer system or computer network.
48. Establishment of Cyber Appellate Tribunal.
(1)The Central Government shall, by notification, establish one or more appellate tribunals to be known as the Cyber Regulations Appellate Tribunal.
(2)The Central Government shall also specify, in the notification referred to in sub-section (1), the matters and places in relation to which the Cyber Appellate Tribunal may exercise jurisdiction.